How much does it cost to live in Green Acres Cooperative?
ROC members decide when the rent needs to be raised and by how much.
- Each member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash collection and the ROC's mortgage payments.
- The second charge is the one-time nonrefundable membership fee. Once a member has paid the membership fee, he or she only pays lot rent.
- The current lot rent is $290 per month and includes water, sewer and trash collection.
- The one-time membership fee is $250 per household.
- Before the homeowners bought Green Acres, we had regular increases to our monthly rent. Since July 2010, when we became resident-owned, rent has remained the same.
- Green Acres does not charge any application fee for new members. Find an application here.